Family Based Immigration

Family Petitions

All family-based immigrants fall into one of two major categories, immediate relative or family preference. The type of relationship between the Petitioner and the Beneficiary will determine the category. There are only a few immediate relative categories available. These are reserved for the spouse, unmarried children and parents of U.S. citizens. The family preference categories include all other qualifying family relationships with a U.S. citizen and some specified relationships with a lawful permanent resident.

If your parent, child, or spouse is a permanent resident or a U.S. citizen, contact us today to find out whether you may qualify for a family petition.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status is the process of obtaining lawful permanent status from within the United States without the need to attend a consular interview. If you are physically present in the U.S., entered lawfully with a visa or parole, and have an immigrant visa immediately available to you, you may qualify for adjustment of status.

Consular Process

Consular Process is the process of obtaining a green card through a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Those who are outside of the country or those inside the U.S. who do not qualify for adjustment of status, can obtain permanent residency through consular process.

Contact us today to find out whether you or your loved ones qualify for Adjustment of Status or Consular Process.

Fiancé Visas

U.S. citizens may bring their foreign national fiancé(e) to the United States through a fiancé visa if they meet certain requirements. This is commonly referred to as a “K1 Visa” and requires the visa to be processed through a U.S. embassy or consulate prior to entry into the United States. Eventually, the foreign national may qualify for adjustment of status if requirements are met.

If you are interested in hearing more about the Fiancé Visa process, contact us today to schedule a consultation.

Removal of Conditions

Conditional Residency is only valid for two years. When a foreign national obtains a Conditional Green Card, he or she must remove the conditions prior to the card’s expiration. If you have been abused or battered or have obtained a divorce and are no longer with your petitioning spouse, you are still required to do this process. Failure to do so may result in termination of status and initiation of removal proceedings in Immigration Court.

If you failed to file timely or need help in the process of removing your conditions, contact us today to schedule a consultation.

Green Card Renewal and Replacement

Lawful Permanent Residence Cards (also known as “Green Cards”) are only valid for 10 years and must be renewed. Whether you have lost your card or need to renew it, we can help take care of the process for you.
parallax background