Many grounds of inadmissibility are subject to discretionary waivers. USCIS tends to spend significant time adjudicating these waivers and it is important that you file your form once and you file it right to avoid wasting time and money. We can help prepare a persuasive case for USCIS in the following cases:

Provisional Waivers

The provisional unlawful presence waiver is an inadmissibility waiver that can be filed while in the United States and before you attend your consular interview. If you have an approved immigrant visa, have a qualifying family member, and can show extreme hardship to that family member, you may be eligible for this waiver.

Criminal Waivers

If you have been convicted of certain crimes, you may be inadmissible and will require a waiver to immigrate to the United States. The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides a list of certain crimes that make an immigrant inadmissible. If your conviction falls under one of the enumerated crimes, you will be required to file this waiver. If you have been convicted for crimes involving moral turpitude (CIMT), controlled substance violations, or have more than one criminal conviction, we can evaluate your case and tell you whether you are eligible to file this waiver.

Unlawful Presence Waivers

If you entered the United States without inspection or have overstayed your visa, you may have accrued unlawful presence. Depending on your situation, you may be able to file this waiver inside or outside of the United States.

Fraud or Misrepresentation Waivers

If an immigrant is caught using fraud or willful misrepresentation of a material fact to procure an immigration benefit, he or she may be inadmissible to the United States. This is a lifetime inadmissibility that may be waived in certain situations for both immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. The requirements and eligibility differ depending on the noncitizen’s status and the type of application being filed.

J-1 Waivers

If you have ever been subject to the two-year home-country physical presence requirement and you did not return home for at least two years after your exchange visitor program, you may need a waiver to obtain lawful permanent residency in the United States. There are multiple ways to obtain this waiver and we can help guide you through this process.
parallax background